Monday, June 1, 2009

A New Chapter

Today is a big day. Today is the day I become my own boss. Today is the day I embark full-time on a freelance writing and editing career.

Sure, I’m nervous. Of course I am. I just quit my job and took the leap into the world of freelancing at a tough time in the U.S. economy. Remember? It’s a recession. Magazines are folding all over the place. Budgets are tight.

But I’m excited too. It’s a new chapter in my life, a new adventure. And I love adventures.

I’m ready. It’s not like I decided to do this spur-of-the-moment. In fact, I:

Thought about freelance writing. Read books on freelance writing. Read blogs on it. Strategized. Budgeted. Researched opportunities. Strategized some more. Ran the numbers again. Thought about it some more.

Tested the water. (Just dipped a toe in.) Thought more. Wrote more.

Jumped.

Now it’s time to breathe. Now it's time to write. Now it's time to be my own boss.

I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment