Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Freelancer Fears

Freelancer fears of the day:

Am I absolutely, positively, certifiably insane? Am I about to spend twice as much time working to get paid half as much?

Every time I exercise my freedom to go to the gym or run errands in the middle of the day, will I collapse in a pile on the floor afterward, racked by guilt because I could’ve spent that time drumming up new business?

Will I be able to balance work and the rest of my life when I can’t have the rest of my life if I can’t find enough work?

What scares you?

2 comments:

  1. not to be debby downer, but did you see this?

    www.nytimes.com/2009/06/07/magazine/07unemployed-t.html

    but i have no doubt--none--that even if you go to the gym for an hour, that people are still going to be clamoring for you to do work for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boo. And of course it's about freelance yoga instructors, which is what we want to do in our next lives!

    ReplyDelete